Garrison Hullinger Interior Design Expands
Two additional interior designers...
Get To Know Collin Kayser...
Collin graduated Oregon State University in March of 2009 with a Bachelor's of Science in interior design and a Bachelor of Science in agricultural business management. His diversified educational and workplace background have played well with the many clients and projects he has worked on over the years. The breadth of Collin's work experience is in kitchen, bath, and whole house design. Collin has always had a passion for design and architecture. With an artistic mother, father in the building industry, and strong desire for creating, interior design wasn't a far stretch. However, it wasn't until the spring term of his freshman year when Collin decided following one's passion was the key to happiness. He added interior design as a second major and has never looked back.
Some Things Skills Collin Is Brining To The GHID Table...
Collin is most excited to create beautiful lifestyles and interiors for GHID clients. With a strong understanding of the business and what it takes to develop a beautiful environment, he is looking forward to creating an inspiring and rewarding experience for GHID clients. He brings to the GHID team a strong technical skill-set, knowledge of kitchen, bathroom, and whole house remodeling, and a contemporary view on design.
5 Fun Facts About Collin
1. He owns three pugs
2. He raises and shows cattle
3. He is left-handed
4. He would move to London in a heart beat
5. Enjoys anything outdoors and active
Collin's 5 Favorite Things Related To Design
Why Collin loves these things...
1. The Barcelona Pavilion's simplistic and modern design has played such a vital role in the design industry over the decades. Design elements and furniture from the Bauhaus movement are found in homes of today around the world.
2. Collin said that if he was a house, he would enjoy being the Hillside House by Scott Lee.
3. A visionary leader of Julia Morgan's time created an architectural and design landmark in American history, Hearst Castle.
4. Eames Lounger and Ottoman by Charles and Ray Eames - The definition of style, innovation, and mid century design. Mid century design is one of Collin's favorite periods in recent architecture and interior history.
5. 2013 Toyota TRD FJ Cruiser, Cement - The Toyota FJ represents retro redefined. The masculinity, lines, and monochromatic palette are beautifully combined and could easily translate to an interior space.
Get To Know Dann Baker...
Dann's passion for interior design started at a very young age, as he continually seeked ways to improved his surroundings and enjoyed changing the way things looked. He graduated from Marylhurst University with a Bachelor of Fine Arts through the Interior Design program. He has a wide variety of experience, where he started his career at CorsoStaicoff, Inc. The firm's reach extended to various highly visible hospitality, restaurant, banking and high-end residential clients throughout the region, allowing him to develop an excellent sense of spacial concept, color, texture and scale. He had a special interest and expertise in residential and commercial lighting, which led him to Globe Lighting where he successfully completed ALA Lighting Specialist Program and resulted in larger scale projects with home-building contractors throughout the Pacific Northwest - also where he met Garrison.
Some Skills That Dann Is Bringing To GHID...
Dann is most excited to provide GHID clients with his skillfully crafted lighting design and layouts, as well as putting his impressive sketching skills to good use - which seem to second nature for him since he has been creating them for so many years. One of his all time favorite things is to see the design process unfold from beginning to end.
5 Fun Facts About Dann
1. Has been a member of the Portland Gay Men's Chorus since 1997
2. Is part of a bowling league and claims he isn't great but does it for fun! He has asked that no one asks about his scores, because they might make better golf scores than bowling :)
3. He loves animals and kids and doesn't have either. He has had pets before, so might be up for getting another pet soon!
4. He enjoys cooking and has finally dwindled down his kitchen gadget collection to the "basics" - apparently, he considers a Cuisinart and rice cooker a basic. His outrageously large kitchen gadget collection was a result of his 13 years at Kitchen Kaboodle.
5. He cherishes his friendships, and feels very lucky to have so many long-term friends that he can count on for anything and everything. Him and his friends always enjoy their time together, whether they're hanging out playing games, cooking meals, going to movies, going on hikes, or taking vacations together.
Dann said that
We always know we have each others backs, my love goes out to each and every one of them.
Dann's 5 Favorite Things Related To Design
Why Dann loves these things...
1. He is very inspired by his friend Jennifer Adams and worked with her for a few years when she was leasing a space in the front of the design firm that he worked at, he was able to see her grow so much in a short period of time. He loved that she showed her unmatched determination and is also one of the nicest people - he feels blessed to be able to call her a friend of his.
2. He believes that Hubbarton Forge sets the standard for all of their competitors, because there are so many knock offs to their product out there but nothing beats their quality, customer service and their products are hand forged in America.
3. Dann's friend Bo, the owner of Made Studio, cannot be beat when it comes to custom wood furniture design. Dann's had the pleasure of working with him on a few projects and, he always meets and beats the expectations that are put in front of him.
4. John Gidding molds a space with unexpected shapes, colors and textures. He seems to be invigorated by invigorating his clients…what comes around goes around.
5. Kyle Buntting creates amazing rugs, that Dann has used in his designs numerous times and every time they are fantastic quality with unmatched designs.